Why a methane digester?
- Because of rising electricity costs – Lower, fixed electricity costs.
- Because you already have the resource: manure – Lower your CO2 emissions.
- Because cows always produce manure, even when the sun doesn’t shine and the wind doesn’t blow! – Realize consistency with 24/7 production.
- Because you can heat your water yourself – Lower your energy costs.
- Because you can realize higher crop yields with lower fertilizer costs – Digested manure is broken down into an elemental state that allows the plant to uptake nutrients more efficiently.
- Because digested manure has a much lower, less offensive odor than non-digested manure – Improve neighbor relations.
How does it work?
Several times throughout the day, a fixed amount of manure is pumped into the reactor and an equal amount is pumped out.
Inside the reactor, biogas is formed through anaerobic fermentation, resulting in methane-rich biogas.
The gas is then purified (H2S removed) and burned in an internal combustion engine attached to a generator. The generator produces electricity for your farm and sends excess electricity to the grid.
The discharged manure can then be sent to a screw press for solids separation. Separated solids are used for bedding, and liquids are sent to storage to be applied to the crop fields as fertilizer.
Complete, ready-to-use methane digester, designed especially for
dairies with 50 to 240 animal units.
Installed and Operational in 7 to 10 Days!
With over 100 installations in Europe, this technology is now ready for your farm in the USA – at an AFFORDABLE price.