What is Demand Response?
Demand response (DR) is a program that helps businesses voluntarily elect to manage electricity consumption during peak demand periods.
By temporarily curtailing their electricity usage during times of peak demand, businesses can:
- Receive financial incentives
- Help reduce load
- Help protect the grid
How does demand response work?
- Enables C&I customers to voluntarily elect to curtail their electricity usage at specific times of the day (e.g., peak hours), during high electricity prices, or during emergency blackout events
- Provides an incentive (through FERC 745)
- Using building automation or generation asset offset to reduce power on the grid
Why participate in demand response?
DR programs offer participating businesses many benefits
- Reduces carbon emissions
- Reduces the need for new power plants
- Contributes to a more sustainable energy future
- Financial incentives
- Keeps electricity rates lower
- Lowers energy costs
- Improves electricity reliability
- Prevents blackouts and brownouts
How Martin Energy Group (MEG) can help
We enable businesses to reduce energy spend through demand response programs, energy efficiency, and system optimization
- MEG’s expertise and experience combine to help you maintain operations and comfort of your facility while ensuring grid reliability.
- MEG manufactures generators, cogenerators and controls allowing customers to participate in open market demand response programs. Through our strategic partnerships with Curtailment service providers, we provide a one stop solution for customers to save money through DR programs and improve building resiliency with on-site generation.
- MEG’s highly-skilled energy engineers provide a free audit of energy assets and facility management and then custom design an approach that maximizes program participation/revenue generation, while making sure there is no impact on operations.